Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Outing to Bouisse + Serpent


Here I am again, fresh from a really busy weekend. Auntie Mary and Uncle Tim came over for the weekend and it was really exciting to see them again. The main reason for their visit was so that we could all go to the Club Braque Français dog show and field trials at the place where I was born - the village of Bouisse.

Saturday was the day for the show and I met loads more of "me" type dogs including a couple of my brothers who I have not seen for months. It was all very informal and not at all stuffy. Afterwards we had a picnic in the park before heading back home where the humans had a swim and more of that bottle stuff. I just kipped as I have not yet really got to grips with travelling in cars and was a bit sick on the way to Bouisse.


Sunday was the day of the field trials which we totally missed, much to mum's annoyance, as we could not find the field. Still, they all had a long and (apparently) scrummy lunch whilst I did a bit more kipping as once again I had been sick on the way up. I really must get the hang of this travelling lark if I am going to enjoy the trip to the UK at Xmas.

Oh, and before I go, one more bit of interesting news. We have a viper in the garden somewhere and it has been seen basking on the pool deck a couple of times. For some reason everyone is a bit pleased I have not yet seen it? It appears that if we give chase they just turn round and bite you, and that being bitten by one of these is not too good for a dog.

Must go now. Got to chase mum and the mower around the garden. Goodness knows where dad is!

No comments: