Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The god kids were here!

Hello again one and all. Sorry it has been a long time since the last posting but life has been a bit hectic recently. First of all I had a bit of an eye infection but some drops from the chemist soon sorted that out. Then, the really good news - I am now over the 20 kilo mark - and for some obscure reason mum and dad are really happy about this. Still, whatever makes them happy is good by me!

I said before that the god children were due to arrive. Well they duely arrived last Tuesday and it was really great to see them. My old mate Grant and I soon renewed our old friendship and his sister Becky turned out to be really lovely and not too scared of me at all. I was right - she is a lot prettier than Grant! That is, except when she has just got up and had a bit of a rough and tumble with me before I clamber onto her lap for a cuddle.

We played lots of games together and each morning I tried to exceed the enthusiasm of the previous morning's welcome as they appeared for breakfast. They also spent a lot of time fooling about in the pool, but as you avid readers will be aware, I don't do pools. Instead I chose to take up residence on one of the sun loungers and watch from a safe distance.

It is quite sad that they have now gone home, but I am consoling myself with the knowledge that Aunty Mary and Uncle Tim are coming over for the weekend. Not only that but we are all going to Bouisse (where I was born) to a show and field trials for us Braque Francais hounds - more about that next time. Who knows, I may even see my real mum and dad when I am there.

That's all for now as I have a lot of sleep to catch up on so I am off to find an empty armchair. Speak to you all again soon.

No comments: