Thursday, August 27, 2009

One dog vendage




You may have heard me refer from time to time about this "bottle stuff" that mum and dad and their friends keep consuming. Apparently this is made from grapes.


Now I have recently discovered that I am rather partial to grapes, and as I live in the largest grape producing area of France, this is rather fortuitous. So I got to thinking, why don't I get into this "bottle stuff" myself, only I will do it the economically and ecologically friendly way without any processing or packaging but instead go straight to the source. This has the added advantage that one does not keep falling over with this stuff as mum and dad do with theirs.

With that in mind I have decided to start on my one dog vendage - grape harvest for those of you who don't speak the lingo. Yes, I know that the vendage does not officially start for a week or two yet but I thought that if I got in early I could get all the good stuff.


Over the last few weeks I have been checking on the progress of the local grapes and I now declare that they are up to my standard, so henceforth over the next six weeks or so I will be harvesting like mad. As a result, my blogs during this period may become a bit rambling or even slurred but I am sure you will understand.

I will report back on the quality of this years vendage shortly. In the meantime - CHEERS!

No comments: