Monday, March 2, 2009

Christmas in Cazelrenoux




Christmas? I hear you ask. But it is now March already (No, I am not Jewish. It is just a form of expression). Yes, we all know that Christmas occurred some months ago when I was still in the nursery, but the fact is that mum and dad, because of a sad family loss, missed out on Christmas this year. They had planned to spend it with Uncle Tim and Auntie Mary so it was decided that the turkey and crackers would not be wasted and Christmas Day would be rerun on the 1st of March. So here I am in sunny Cazelrenoux once more, on my best behaviour, and surrounded by these fancy lights and pine trees with lots of decorations on them. Weird!



Oh, I didn’t mention, Auntie Mary’s son Matthew and his girlfriend Natalie were over from the UK too.

Almost as soon as we arrived (midday) once more those bottles started being opened – something which again seemed to continue for the rest of the day. Actually, having worked my way along the empty bottles conveniently placed on the floor licking the tops, I find myself slowly beginning to appreciate why they do this. I could well get to like it myself. Then there was this enormous lunch that seemed to go on for ever, especially as I was stuck in my crate for the duration being made to watch and smell but not participate.

Once lunch was finally over dad decided to take me and him out for a walk. It was great ‘cause we met up with my friends Chloe and Oliver (who I met here last time) together with their friend Jasmine – oh, and of course their mum and dad. We all set off on a super long walk which I spent playing with my friends, whilst dad and the parents tagged along behind. Then it was back to L’Escargot, a quick bite to eat, and a curl up on a lap.

Meanwhile there was more of the bottle thing going on, and then they all gathered round a table and got out this game called Trivial Pursuits. Well, it went on for nearly three hours, so after a bit of lap snoozing I took myself off to my bed and tried to have a good kip through all the cheering and shouting.

Eventually they all thankfully went to bed so I was able to put in some serious shut- eye time until someone woke me up about 4am. By then I had had enough of this crate so I set up a small howling session which achieved the desired result of getting my mum down to sleep on the sofa with me alongside. It always works!

Next morning there was only time to grab a light snack before being dumped in the car and taken back home. Still, a good time was had by all, and by all accounts I seemed to have behaved myself if not impeccably, then at least very well.



Another snippet which I have not yet told you about. I have discovered that the winter pool cover makes an absolutely great trampoline. I can be down the length of the pool in three bounces, and I have also realised that if I take something I should not have to the centre of the cover, they cannot chase me there! However, apparently in a couple of months this will all change and if I try to do that then I will get very wet.

No comments: