Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring is sprung

I am not at all sure what he means but dad keeps muttering about "spring is sprung, the grass is ris", but what I do know is that suddenly there seems to be a lot of activity in the garden.

I keep trying to help by digging holes, emptying the trailer, and carrying tools around but somehow it does not seem to be appreciated. Still, it is lovely to spend all day outdoors, even if it does mean missing out on a few naps.

During my detailed exploration of the garden I have found a new water bowl - only problem is that it is about 3 feet off the ground. Do they expect me to grow that tall?
Having some lovely walks at the moment but there is a problem - it is the tick season. So far I have picked up two of the little sods - one on my ear and one on my belly. Dad has bought a tick removal tool but it is a little degrading being inspected each morning after the walk. Incidentally I have found this great little hidyhole on the walk where I can vanish from sight for a few minutes to munch away on whatever I should not be eating.

Back to the vets the other day for my blood test following the rabies jab - silly lady took off my collar, stuck a great big needle in my neck which bled for a while all over mum, and then to cap it all forgot to put my collar back on. We only realised this later in Esperaza so dad had to trek all the way back to get it. Mind you, I don't think he minded 'cause it was that pretty vet lady on duty.

No comments: