Thursday, February 19, 2009


Sometimes days just don't finish up the way you expect! Today I was really looking forward to our planned walk to Antugnac to see my mate Lily, and sure enough we had a really interesting stroll through places I had not yet ventured, had a great run around with my best mate, and then had a nice stroll home. Then I crawled into bed as I was knackered. When I woke up a few hours later, my left back leg was not working! Not just sore - not working. Now us dogs can be pretty good at getting around on three legs but it is pretty inconvenient when you need a poo and only one back leg works. Mum and dad thought a couple of hours more rest would do the trick but when that was not the case I was whisked off to that nice lady vet. It probably happened when I was chasing around with my mate but I have got an inflamed knee and could well have done some ligament damage as well. She stuck a needle in me and I'm now on anti inflamatories and joint pills and have got to go back on Tuesday to assess the damage further. Apparently the worst case scenario is surgery to fix a torn ligament but let's hope it does not come to that, eh? And it should have been such a lovely day! I suppose I am just going to be a bit more careful how I dash about in future.

No comments: