Thursday, February 12, 2009



My teeth are causing me a problem. Not my nice pointy puppy teeth, but my big adult chomping set which is now trying to force its way through. In other words, I am teething. In order to alleviate this I do what all sensible puppies and babies do – I chew on everything in sight. Now generally this is not considered a problem until furniture becomes the focus of my attention. It is not really furniture but I have become particularly partial to a wooden plant trolley in the conservatory and enjoy chewing the corners. In an effort to dissuade me from this practice my mum firstly tried smearing it with some yellow concoction called English mustard. I found this quite tasty. Then she tried a red gunge called hot chilli sauce and I must say that I found this complimented the bits of wood rather well. The thing that really spoiled the party for me was when she coated it in clove oil, an evil smelling and foul tasting stuff that I cannot stand. Now it is appearing on table corners, chair legs, and all likely nibble points, completely ruining my attempts at relieving my teething discomfort, so instead I have to make do with plastic bottles and knotted tea towels.

In the evenings I usually enjoy a few hours comfortably curled up on my mum’s lap. However, the other evening I just could not get comfortable, and I was also feeling a bit chilly. Good old mum recognised this and grabbed one of my doggy duvets and wrapped me up. It was great! I slept like a baby as you can see from the photo.

We went shopping in Carcassonne today. They got my message the other day that the cage in the back of the car was not to my liking so I travelled on mum’s lap. It was great and we got to go to loads of places. The only one I was allowed in was Tridome Garden Centre which was enormous and had a special shop for doggy bits. I chose a new collar and lead as well as a bigger food bowl, as my other one was getting a bit small for the amount of food I now eat. There was a lovely lady assistant who made a fuss of me and also two little girls who just loved their faces being kissed. I like this shopping game.

The new collar and lead were tried out on my afternoon walk but in order to maintain my position as leader of this pack I made sure that they were not seen to be particularly effective by keeping up a good strong 45 degree pull all the way round. You just cannot let these humans think that some new bits of equipment and a few hours of watching the Dog Whisperer entitles them to become top dog.

All that towing my dad round the block has pooped me so I am off for a lie down.

No comments: