Thursday, January 1, 2009




So there I was happily looking forward to a good New Year’s Eve howl with all my mates and relishing the thought of a couple more days of relaxing before I was whipped off into the great unknown. Then, at just before midday, they turned up TWO DAYS EARLY! I had not got my bags packed, I had not had a shower, and I certainly was not mentally prepared for the start of my “New Life” as a Barnes family member. But, after they had all had a bit of a chat about me and money had changed hands, I was hauled off out into the snowy exterior, put in a car and wrapped up in someone’s old nightie!, and then driven off to some place called Montazels.

Talk about culture shock! There was not another dog in sight – just these two humans who seemed very pleased to see me and got all lovey dovey. YUK! Never mind. The place was warm and a lot bigger than I am used to and I was actually allowed to run around a bit. Mind you, for some strange reason I was dragged off outside at regular intervals and dumped in some place called a garden. Being pretty smart I very soon sussed that if I had a quick pee I was scooped up and promptly returned to the warm interior.

I’ve now met the neighbours who seem quite nice, and also some lanky bloke from up the road called Steve, who bought me a toy, and his mate Claudio.

Dinner was the usual stuff so that was OK but I spied in the corner of the room a big cage just like the one we had at the other place. Rats! I thought I had got away from prison. However, I managed to avoid being incarcerated until bedtime and even then I set up one of my most irritating howling sessions to see if I could appeal to their better nature. It was all to no avail, but I must say they were very responsive when I needed a call of nature around 4am. I tried another howling session after that but gave up after ten minutes as it got no response.

Next day I turned on the full puppy charm and did all the usual things, good and bad! Still, they didn’t seem to mind and I must say that so far I rate them as quite reasonable hosts. Pooping on their bedroom floor did not gain me a lot of gold stars but a bit of licking and snuggling soon smoothed over that.

So that is about it so far. Will keep you posted as to how things are going over the next few days. In the meantime I have managed to download some of their pictures of me and have attached these.

No comments: