Thursday, January 22, 2009


Today is my "12 week birthday" but happy birthday it was not! As previously mentioned, I was due at the vets today for more humiliation and torture. Well, first of all there was this poor old german shepherd there as an emergency - he did look very poorly - and that set everything back half an hour. Then it was my turn and low and behold it was not my nice vet lady but another female vet. From the silly grin on my dad's face I am assuming she is quite fit but she does not appeal to me. Anyway, I am injected, poked, have a microchip inserted in my shoulder, and pronounced as also having an ear infection. How humiliating was all that, not to mention the pain. Mind you, it cost them a small fortune. Not only that but I now have two tags dangling round my neck allowing anyone to return me home without delay if I stray off limits.

Whilst I was in there I met my soon to be good mate, Boudie, and whilst we were not allowed to make contact, I managed to convey to him that I was looking forward to a good chase around with him soon.

Back home now and feeling like poo! I ache all over and feel decidedly several degrees under, but at least that is giving me lots of lap time. I have attached a photo of me feeling sorry for myself so just send treats and biscuits if you sympathise. Apparently this state is quite normal after what I have been through but if I had known that I might have put up more of a struggle. Still, it only lasts a short while so they say so should be back to my mischievious self tomorrow.

Had I mentioned that I am now quite into watching TV? Documentaries and anything with bright colours, lots of action, or dogs barking gets my full attention. Can't stand Emmerdale though.

Will report back soon on my recovery to "normal service".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Django....for a dog of your pedigree to be called a "right little sod" is terrible. I hear that in England there is an organisation called Childline, you really need the French equivalent for high class dogs though!! I happened to hear about your latest blog from my "walkers" Tim and Mary when they were dragging me round the village. I will keep you posted if I hear any other comments about you! See you soon. Neo