Tuesday, January 6, 2009


Hello again. God it’s been a busy few days since we last spoke. There I am, day 3, and just beginning to figure out where everything is and what is expected of me, when I get slung in the car and hauled of to the vets for what they laughingly call an adoption visit. Adoption indeed! I’m not some waif or stray picked up at a rescue centre. I am a true, class, top of the range, pedigree hound with champion for a dad. You don’t adopt me, you are chosen and then you pay expensively for the privilege of having me with you.

Anyway, she is quite sweet this vet, but it is a bit degrading to be poked, prodded, turned upside down, and generally messed with in the name of veterinary medicine. From what I gleaned listening to the conversation there is worse to come in a couple of weeks when I am due to have all sorts of needles, vaccines, and microchips inserted into me. Can’t say I am looking forward to that. Still, for now I seem to have a clean bill of health, which I could have told them anyway and saved them the vet’s fee.

Since then we have been busy trying to understand each other as to when I need food, pees, poos etc and when they need sleep or peace and quiet. Must say I cannot quite get this need for them to sleep right through the night as I never do, so I am just carrying on as normal much to their dismay.

Hurrah! It snowed today! Great fun. I particularly like eating it. Hopefully there will be loads more tomorrow so I can run around in it. Will tell you all about that later.

No comments: