Friday, June 10, 2011

Invasion of the tinies

Now as you regular blog follwers will know, I love having visitors and I also love kids. Imagine my delight, therefore, when, in the middle of last week, some visitors arrived with children.

 It was Auntie Debbie and Uncle Chris who I had never met before (but who turned out to be really nice) and their two delightful little sprogs, Leila and Tegan. They were here to stay for a week so I was determined to thoroughly enjoy my time with them, despite the weather deciding to be unseasonably wet for the whole week!


Leila is the youngest at two and she and I formed an immediate bond. We followed each other everywhere - me at a slow stroll and her at a surprisingly fast "bum shuffle" as she does not walk yet.


Tegan, her older sister, is coming up four and is a very chatty little girl. She took to sitting on my mum's lap which is normally my position, but we soon learnt to share it.

She loves helping out in the kitchen and was soon helping mum prepare one of the many different gourmet meals she served up (to the kids) that week.


Dad, on the other hand, was content to sit on the drinking patio and soak up some sun and me and the kids were happy to join him.

 Do note in both of the previous photos the normal presence of the bottle stuff close to hand. Why am I not surprised!

The kids also loved the pool but with my natural aversion to water I was content to lay on the deck in the company of my new best friend.


All in all it was a great week despite the best endeavours of the rain to spoil it and we all had a really fun time. As usual, I was very sad to see them go. One thing I will say, though, about being with young children for a week is that it fair wears you out. I feel I could sleep for a week and probably will.

No comments: