Thursday, June 30, 2011

Conned, surprised, delighted, exhausted!

So there we were, dad and I, last Thursday - two days before the Big Party - working away in the garage getting things ready. Mum had left earlier that morning to "go and have lunch with Auntie Jo in Mirepoix" (reason for the quote marks  will be obvious shortly). The front door bell rang. As we were not expecting anyone dad and I went down to investigate, only to find the godkids from England, Grant and Becky, coming in through the gate, shortly followed by their parents in the car with mum. Turned out that the whole Brigdale clan had arrived for dads party and we had been right royally conned by mum - something she planned back in December apparently. Naturally dad and I were both gobsmacked and delighted to see them all and I gave my usual extravagant welcome to each of them in turn.




Even better news was that they were staying for a whole week so I had loads of time to have fun with my mates.





Then came the day of the Big Party. Bar-Nez was fully stocked, the music was up and running, food fully prepared, and the pool freshly cleaned.  The initial trickle of party goers soon turned into a steady stream and things were off to their usual lively start. It was lovely to see loads of old friends again including by bestest mates Lily and Boudie. A few snaps of the event follow to which I will add no comments!







General concensus was that the party was up to normal standards and certainly, judging by how tired I was the next day, I sure did have a good time.

The rest of the week was really just a continuation of the party with just us and the Brigdales. As I am sure you can imagine, far too much of the bottle stuff was consumed (especially by dad and Uncle Clive) and a good time was had by all. Sadly they have just left to fly home. I shall miss them a lot as it is always so much fun when they are here. However, after all that partying I have some serious catching up to do on my kip so you may not hear from me for a while.

No comments: