Monday, June 13, 2011

Early morning, vine pruning, loss of a mate, and a late night

What a day it was yesterday! It all started at 6:20 am - yes I know none of us normally see that part of the day - when I was rudely awakened from my slumbers by two cats fighting outside. Naturally I had to bark very loudly at this, in the process waking mum and dad, and then I demanded to go outside to investigate. Having satisfied my natural curiosity I then went straight back to bed to finish my kip but for some reason mum and dad seemed unable to do this!

That morning dad and I decided that our grape vine growing over the drinking patio needed a good prune to keep it in tip top condition and to allow the plentiful bunches of grapes now forming to develop. He chopped away and I tried to collect all the bits as they fell, but apparently distributing them around the garden and eating them was not what I was supposed to do. The the vine was sprayed to prevent mildew, at which point I had to retreat as we had not got a mask that fitted my muzzle.

Over the last few months I have been watching the growth of an albino baby bunny in the garden opposite and have grown quite fond of him. Imagine how distraught I was to look over the wall last night to find he had been run over right outside our house. I shall miss watching him gambol about.

Dad and I sat down to watch the Canadian Grand Prix at 6pm. Five and a half hours later (!) it finally finished, having been stopped for over two hours due to torrential rain. However, it was well worth staying up for as it was a stonker of a race and my dad's favourite, Jenson Button, won in the last lap.

So what with being woken up at 6:20 am and not getting to bed until 11:30 pm it was a very long day for me. I somehow feel that today will not involve a lot of activity on my part other than curling up on the sofa. so Shhhhhhhh! - don't wake me.

No comments: