Sunday, May 1, 2011

Trees, training, and a busy day

Well, it finally happened. On Friday the trees at the back of our swimming pool came down - all 20 of the 8/9 metre conifers. What a difference. I can now see any trespassing dogs within about half a kilometre, the pool is in full sunshine, and we can even see the Pyrenees in the distance. Some before and after pics to show you the difference.













I am currently in training for a top secret job that I will perform later this year. If fact, it is so top secret that even the people I am doing if for don't know about it. You may not be aware but grape rustling is the latest crime to hit this region. Only last year two large trailer loads of high quality grapes were pinched from under the vigneron's nose. So I have set myself up as the local anti rustling protection force and during the harvest I will be on duty to ensure that none of our lovely grapes go astray. Here you can see me outside my security office and keeping a lookout over the vines.
























The job is unpaid but I reward myself with more than the odd mouthful of grapes in the season.





Yesterday was a very social day with three outings to the shops, Uncle Trevor and Auntie Jane popping in during the day, and Uncle Stuart, Auntie Jo, and the Lecoches all round for dinner. Naturally I had to do the greeting and hosting duties so what with that and the daytime activity, I did not get any chance for a nap. Futhermore, this morning I was given my monthly tick and flea treatment which always makes me drowsy. As a result, I have spent much of the morning curled up on the sofa resting!

No comments: