Sunday, May 8, 2011

Food parcel arrives and I learn about crepie


The other day the UPS van turned up with a large box from the UK which, when opened, was found to contain essential food supplies for my mum and dad like tea bags, marmite and bovril. Now when these care packages arrive it usually heralds the imminent arrival of some summer visitors so I started to get a bit excited and tried to guess who was likely to turn up. An additional item in the parcel was a small packet of special tablets for my nappy rash problem so that was a big clue. Having also heard their name mentioned recently, I am over the moon with excitement at the thought that it could be Auntie Karen and Uncle Dave as I have not seen them for nearly two years. Not long to wait, as apparently the "mystery guests" arrive on Thursday. Will report back soon on that.



Having now got rid of the horrible trees at the back of the pool dad has decided to tidy up that area and has set to work making the wall look good before putting up some fence panels. I am quite familiar with ordinary paint as I have stuck my nose in a few varieties and colours but this was no paint. Turns out it is a strange stuff that the French use for covering and outside or inside surfaces (if they ever bother!) called crepie. It's a thick, gloopy, sandy sort of stuff that dad has to trowel on and then texture with some special roller. Not only that but it does not either taste or smell nice. Still at least I know now!

I think it must be the crepie fumes or something but I feel the need for a lie down. Speak soon.

No comments: