Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gloves and Meerkats

Last Sunday whilst strolling amongst the vines with my mum I happened to notice that she had taken off one of her nice fleecy gloves to rummage in her pocket for something (it turns out it was a biscuit for me!). Now seeing her standing there with one hand immobilised in her pocket and the other dangling the removed glove, those of you familiar with my penchant for socks, gloves and the like will not be surprised to hear that I could just not resist a lunge for the tempting mitten. Having been successful in obtaining it I was immediately challenged to LEAVE IT, and responded in my usual fashion by promptly swallowing it.

This created an air of tension amongst my parents whilst they worried about its return. However, they need not have been concerned as some 44 hours later, in the small hours of Tuesday morning, I returned it intact. This is no where near my record for retention of a glove which was set last Christmas at five days. Mind you, that was only a child's glove.

I don't know about you but I just love those adverts on TV with the adorable meerkats trying to sell us insurance or something. Particularly appealing is the way they stand on their hind legs and look around. The other day I thought I would try to emulate this position - with remarkably successful results. In fact, I can say I found it "Simples!".

No comments: