Monday, November 22, 2010

Home maintenance

It's that time of year when one has to knuckle down to some very necessary jobs around the house and garden. For a start we have a large tree in our garden (heaven knows what it is called) that chooses this time of year to dump leaves, long spikey bits, and hard pea-like berries all over our lawn. I felt a bit sorry for mum having to rake all this up so I decided to give her some respite by asking her to scratch my back. Surprisingly, she did!


Another emergency arose last week which required some immediate DIY action to fix. Our sofa, on which I have spent many a happy night, decided to shed a few of the bolts holding all together. As a result, dad and I had to work hard to get it all back together again so mum could once more watch Emmerdale in the comfort to which she is accustomed.


Big thank you is due to my mate Princess Jolly Dog's dad as he has helped sort out our computer problem. I am pleased to report we are now all up and running again as the appearance of this new blog entry will confirm.

I'm in a bit of trouble again as once more I seem to have managed to loose a small chunk of flesh from one of my ears (the other one this time). Now for me this does not cause any great problem but mum and dad are not at all appreciative of the resulting burgundy respray of their nice pastel walls each time I have a good shake. Don't really see what the problem is as it licks off quite easily - well, the bits I can reach anyway.

It is usual practice to advise rest after blood loss so I'm off for a kip.

No comments: