Thursday, November 4, 2010

My first day at the seaside

Having been postponed from my birthday due to inclement weather, my first trip to the seaside finally took place yesterday. We went to Canet Plage which is near Perpignan.



Now those of you who know me of old will be aware that I have a particular distrust of water, even choosing to walk around puddles after rain. So it was with some trepidation that I set foot on my first beach. It turns out that the sand bit is really great fun and you can tear around on it very easily.



As for the sea bit - well the jury is still out. There I was standing looking at it when it dashed at me and got my feet all wet. I was less than pleased about that. And it is such a pain getting all that sand from between your toes afterwards.



We then went to the marina where there were hundreds of boats. I had seen a few of these before at Port Vendres but never as many as this. Not too sure I would like to go on one as you are surrounded by water!



Still, I really enjoyed my day out, and would love to go again, even though it does rather knacker you. I slept all evening when I got back.

On a different note, a strange thing happened today. My mum went out this afternoon and when she came back I did not recognise her! So much so that I had to bark quite severely at her. She had SHORT HAIR. It was quite a shock, I can tell you.

She is on dog walking duty tomorrow so I will try and find out more about how and why this happened. Will report back later.

UPDATE: Interrogated mum as to how and why this short hair happened. It appears she asked this lady to cut it short because she wanted a "change of style". Alright for some. If I wanted a "change of style" with my very short hair I'm a bit stuffed, especially if I wanted it in a "cockapoodle" style which I understand is very fashionable these days.

No comments: