Friday, December 31, 2010

What a two years I have had!

I find it hard to believe that two years ago today I arrived at what I now call home for the very first time in the arms of my new mum. Eight weeks old, and weighing only 3.5 kg, I was a tiny version of what I am now.



Since that day I have had many adventures, learned a lot about life, and become a much more sensible and mature dog (most of the time). One of my first new experiences happened only a short while after I arrived. It snowed, and I had never seen snow before. That was great fun. Mind you, I have seen a fair bit since and am now less enamored.



I have got quite interested in what goes on in our garden so having seen my mum put things in pots of compost to make them grow, I thought I would see if it worked for me. It didn't!



And then there were the less pleasant moments. At the age of about six months I was whisked off to the vets and had certain vital parts of my anatomy removed. Not only did it leave me sore and miserable for a few days as you can see below, but I also found it quite humiliating. Still, all's well that ends well.



There are, of course, those delightful moments which stick with you for the rest of your life. One of these was the day I discovered my love of grapes. Living where we do, this is, on the face of it, an ideal passion to have, except for the fact that grapes (or more specifically lots of grape pips) are poisonous to dogs. As a result, my love of this fruit has to be curtailed at the height of the season by the use of a muzzle whilst walking through the vines.



All in all, it has been a fun two years growing up in a very interesting world. I have made some great friends, both canine and human, traveled to some really fascinating places, and had some amazing experiences. Now I just can't wait to see what this next year is going to bring.



Can I take this opportunity to wish all my friends around the world a truly wonderful 2011 and hope that you all have a great time during the next 52 weeks and beyond.

Lots of love

Django

No comments: