Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas spirit & venison

It's that bloody time of year again when the humans all go slightly mad decorating up their houses and wearing silly outfits. Even worse, they sometimes want to dress us dogs up for the occasion. I was told in no uncertain terms that I had to enter into the Xmas spirit and then had these pseudo reindeer antlers stuck on my head. Even worse, they light up and play carols. Oh, the humiliation of it! As you can see, I was delighted - not.




Mind you, they would have come in handy last weekend when dad and I went to visit Auntie Mary and Uncle Tim over near Fanjeaux. On our obligatory country walk we saw, in the distance, some hunters and their dogs giving chase to something. Didn't think much about it until, on our return leg of the walk, in the field next to us, three deer appeared at great speed followed a few minutes later by four of the hunt dogs. We all barked, shouted and whistled to distract the dogs and we were effective for a couple of minutes which gave the deer a chance to escape. I was going to say that if I was wearing the antlers I might have been even more effective at distracting them, but on second thoughts I might just have got my throat ripped out!

Earlier this week Uncle Martin had a problem with one of his electric radiators not working and so naturally brought it round to Barnes and Co to fix. Dad and I were soon on the case and it did not take us long to identify the faulty bit, a replacement for which is now winging its way to us. I do like a bit of bricolage.



Not sure if I will get a chance to chat again before the "Great Day" as the social calender is filling up fast. If I don't, can I take this chance to wish you a very happy Xmas and a recession busting new year. Speak to you all again soon.

No comments: