Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm now a social networker!

I have been writing my blog now for some 18 months and am thoroughly enjoying the experience, so I thought it about time I stepped further into the modern era and had a dabble in social networking.

First of all I set myself up a Twitter account and played around with that for a while, but after a few days I just could not see the point of the inane messaging that most people tweet (sorry Stephen Fry). Not only that, but I have no pockets to carry a smartphone so I could not tweet on the move. So I binned Twitter as unsuitable for me.

Next I took a look at Badoo which is a sort of French flirting/dating site and found it totally irrelevant to my needs and very intrusive, so dumped it.

The other obvious choice was Facebook so I set up my own (heavily protected) page and started looking around. Immediately I found a number of old friends and set about "befriending" them. Some of those in turn referred me to new friends, like Princess Jolly Dog - a Jack Russell - with whom I now chat. So first impressions of Facebook are OK and I think I will be sticking with it at least for the time being. However, I will be restricting my friends only to those I know and love or whom I find interesting.

Finally, many of you have questioned if I really write my own blog or whether I have a ghost writer do it for me. Well, in answer to all you doubters out there, here is a photo of me at work on my blog, so put that in your pipe and smoke it!



It's raining cats and humans today so I am going to have a lazy day in front of the telly. And the really good news is that dad has turned on the central heating! Speak to you all again soon.

No comments: