Tuesday, October 12, 2010

First signs of winter

First of all it was the pool being covered up with my big blue trampoline (that I am now too heavy for!). Then there was all the garden furniture being put away. The grapes have all gone from the vines and the leaves on the vines are going yellow and falling off. When I get up in the morning it is dark outside. This weekend it rained solidly for nearly two days - the first significant rain in over two months. And now when I get back from a walk I find the need to snuggle down in my duvet to warm up.



All of these suggested to me that winter was about to arrive. However, I now know for sure it is. How is that you might ask? Well, dad is now wearing his cloth cap and hiking boots on our walks. No, don't be stupid. I insist on trousers, shirt and coat as well. Well, one has to keeep up one's standing in the community.





And how humiliating. Now, just because it's so muddy, I have to have my feet washed when I get back from my walk. Grrrrrh!

No comments: