Thursday, May 21, 2009

Of pools & tables & pots & chairs



Lots to tell you today so I will get straight on with it. I finally found out what that big blue hole filled with water underneath my trampoline thingy is really for. Can you believe people actually get in it and swim! Today was the first official day that the pool (that's what it is called apparently) was open and there is a bit of a tradition round here to be the first to swim in what is truely quite cold water. Well Auntie Jo arrived this afternoon with my mate Boudie, took off lots of clothes, and jumped in. And they say us dogs are a bit bonkers at times! As is usually the case with most events involving humans, there was a bottle thing involved, although this time, for some reason, it did not get opened.


Now you remember the other day that I tried this "sitting at the table to eat" thing that humans do, but apparently I got it wrong - you do not sit on the table, you sit on the chairs at the table. So I tried this, but still no food appeared, let alone a nice glass of chilled wine. What has a dog got to do?


I have been studying with interest this gardening thing that seems to be going on at the moment. Apparently you put these plants into some soil in pots and they grow. Well, I have tried emptying out pots to see what is going on, but to no avail, so I thought I would try planting myself and see what happens. I got a clip round the ear, that's what happened.



All of this activity recently has made me a bit tired so I have found a new resting spot - my dads chair. It is very comfortable but not the best of places to choose when dad wants to sit down! Oh well, it's back to the dog basket I suppose.

No comments: