Monday, April 26, 2010

Frog Dog meets frog


Another exciting summer thing happened today. The cover was removed from my 42,000 litre drinking bowl, otherwise known as the pool. This was to enable dad, with my help of course, to do some necessary maintenance work prior to opening it up officially. Now apparently it is always quite interesting to see what you are going to find floating around in the somewhat green and gunky water after six months under cover, and this year was no exception. Amongst all the usual spiders and millipeedy things - no lizards this year - imagine my delight when a lovely green frog appeared and started hopping about on the step. Frog Dog gets to meet his first frog, and very nice it was too! I was quite captivated and spent ages watching it until dad rescued it and popped it somewhere safe in the garden (safe - that means I did not see where he put it!).

No comments: