Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dog removes a rockery

For those of you that have visited our abode, you will remember there is/was a rockery in front of the conservatory. Now, despite the best endeavours of Uncle Brian, this rockery is/was only ever a thing of beauty for a few weeks of the year, due mainly to the long hot summers we have here.

So it had to go! Today, gardener dog Django, capably assisted by his dad and Uncle Stu, set about demolishing said pile of stones and earth. As a dog, I am not much good with the big heavy stones, but I am a mean shifter of earth! While the two men set about relocating the rocks to the back of the pool, I set to at moving as much earth as I could in the shortest possible time. As I was at no stage admonished for this furious activity (unlike normal) I must assume that my efforts were appreciated.






So what is going to be replacing this horticultural edifice I hear you ask? Well, I understand that some sort of "cobbled" path/area will extend from the main steps right round to the side of the front deck. I can't really visualise it myself but if it stops my paws from getting all muddy on a wet winter's night comfort break, it is fine by me. Will keep you all posted on developments as and when they occur.

With all this digging my front legs ache and my paws are a little tender so will have to go now and rest them. Speak to you all again soon.

No comments: