Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Wow! What a weekend I have just had. I'm absolutely shattered but felt I must just tell you all about it before I crawl into my bed for a well earned kip.



For those of you who are not aware, it was my first birthday on Friday (30th October - make a note in your diary) and that heralded the start of a weekend of celebrations. Unbeknown to me a surprise party had been planned and the first people to arrive were Auntie Mary and Uncle Tim who had come for the whole weekend. Then Uncle Martin appeared with my absolute best mate, Lily, and finally Auntie Jo and Uncle Roy (they are always last to arrive!) with my other great mate, Boudie. Not only was it great to just see them all, but they all came bearing presents for me and even a special doggy birthday card. The adults then settled into their usual food and bottle stuff consumption whilst us dogs did what we do best and just tore around the garden playing. Boudie and his parents had to leave by early evening but everyone else was there 'til late.



The fun continued on Saturday when I met up with Felix, Tasha, and Paris (aka "The Ginger Ones") on my evening walk and we all had a great chase around. Now although she did not come on the walk with us, I felt that, as the wild boar hunters were about in force, Auntie Mary should wear some safety equipment as I do in those situations. She did not seem too impressed but Uncle Tim seemed stangely excited by the sight of his wife wearing a collar and bell. Can't think why.



With her mum away in the UK and dad busy for Sunday morning, Lily came over to stay for a few hours, so there was lots more chasing and rolling about action then. And all of that was preceded by another walk with the Ginger Ones (to be a regular feature over the next week or so as their dog sitter has injured her knee)and all brought to a close by dad and I settling down to watch the last Formula 1 race of the season.



So you can see why I now need a good rest to recover! Oh, and I forgot to mention, I have managed to get the remaining beer mat stock down to 489.

No comments: