Monday, December 12, 2011

Out of sorts and isolated!

Hello again everyone. Yes, I know that once again it has been over a month since I posted but this time I do have an excuse.

You see, I have been a little out of sorts having come out in a rash in a few places including one that I would rather not go into. Turns out that I have contracted ringworm and it seems that I have caught it from one of my best mates. Now I am not going to name any names as I do not want to be dragged up in front of the Leverson enquiry or anything similar - but you know who you are.  Although the rash is now largely sorted I am banished from contacting any other dogs for a few weeks yet and still get daubed twice daily with this evil smelling (and tasting) liquid. I don't mind that except my mum really should not be asked to handle that part of my anatomy with such frequency (I now have a new name "Willy the Worm").  This is a clue as to where the original rash started!

Other that that things have been pretty quiet as I am not allowed doggy visitors. Mum popped over to see her dad in England for a week so dad and I had a bachelor week together. Then dad popped back to see his dear friend Clive who is very ill, so mum and I had a few days of "cuddle time" together - lovely! Thing is, when one of them is away I have to be even better behaved than normal as I cannot then play one of them off against the other - something I am very adept at.

Suddenly there is a flurry of decorating activity going on with lots of lights being put up, a tree being decorated, and baubles everywhere. I guess it must be that time of year again called Christmass, although judging by the antics of the last few years it ought be be called "Super bottle stuff time" as so much of it gets consumed. Still, another couple of weeks and it will all be over and we can get back to normal.

Will report back soon with a progress report. In the meantime I had better get a bit of rest before the social rigors of the festive season descend upon us.

No comments: