Monday, December 19, 2011

Frightening objects and an industrial injury

Now as you all know I am a big, brave hunt dog and not much scares me...... but I must admit that occasionally something rather silly does. The other day mum bought a new pair of kitchen tongs - and they frighten the life out of me. Maybe it's because they are purple.



And I have always been a bit worried by the big ceiling fan in the lounge but recently this star thing has appeared dangling below it and that is really scary. I have to sit and stare at it for hours....just in case!


Yesterday my nursing skills were called upon. Basically, dad fell off a ladder in the garage, landed on his head on the concrete floor, and was rapidly leaking blood everywhere. Mum tended to the practical aspects of stopping the blood flow, dressing the wound, and administering brandy whilst I stepped in to administer TLC and maintain a "concussion watch" just in case he had done any real damage.



Glad to say that thanks to our combined efforts he is fine today apart from a small lump on his head and some quite sore bits of body. I think I might need to slip back into an 'elf and safety advisor role to ensure there is no repeat.

Other than that, all is well on the run up to Xmas. Dad has still to buy some more bottle stuff but mum is pretty much on top  of the food situation. I understand we are having "eggs benedict royale" (smoked salmon instead of ham) for Xmas day brekkie so I will look forward to that!


Oh, and by the way, my ringworm has nearly all cleared up and I stop getting the daily daubes soon, thank goodness. And it has been raining for three days now!!!!!!

Being a care assistant turns out to be quite a tiring occupation, so the sofa beckons.

1 comment:

MarketWatcher said...

Ring worm, falling off ladders, bleeding wounds and medicinal booze? What is going on? Django, you need to get a grip on your pack and ensure you too get the sumptuous Xmas breakfast.