Thursday, September 29, 2011

Found a new pub & vendage ends

Mum, dad and I went for a bit of a drive yesterday and, after a somewhat circuitous route, finished up in Chalabre. Now I have never been there before and dad was thirsty so we stopped to look around. To my delight we homed in a cheerful looking bar and ordered drinks all round. I have to say they certainly do a good bowl of draught water there, not that dad was interested in that of course.

Me outside the new pub

Sad day today as, at about seven o'clock this morning a very large and noisy grape picking machine went up the hill, woke up my mum,  and started harvesting Uncle Francois' merlot grapes. These are the last grapes to be picked in my neck of the woods so now my choice of early morning snack is limited to those grapes that either the pickers or the machines have missed. Mind you, there are a fair amount of those, and as the leaves fall off the vines it gets easier to find them! Probably enough to keep me going for a few weeks yet.

Still enjoying lots of nice sunny hot days here although apparently the pool has cooled to socially unacceptable temperatures, not that I would know. Suppose I had better go and bag a few more rays.

No comments: