Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Annual 15,000 km maintenance

Just as my dad has to have his car serviced each year, so, each January around this time, my mum drags me off to my "garage" (the local vet) for my annual maintenance visit. This involves a general checkup and topping up all my vaccinations including the very important rabies booster. Not only does this allow me to go visit other places in Europe but also means that if I ever happen to meet Jon Tack and accidentally bite him, he won't get "la rage" and start frothing at the mouth. Bet you are pleased about that, Jon!

Although I find visiting the vet a somewhat scary event, I do really like our vet, Marie-Christine, who is very kind and gentle and gives me lots of cuddles. As most of you will not have met her I got dad to take a photo so you could all see what a nice lady she is. I know I look a bit fed up in the photo but remember I have just been prodded and poked all over and had a needle stuck in me so wouldn't you.



Heard the other day that my old mate, Tasha, who now lives in the UK, has broken her leg quite badly. Not only that, but apparently they have discovered that, whilst in France, she had contracted Leshmania which is a nasty parasitic disease. Really hope that they can sort her out and that she will be up and about and fighting fit again in a few months time. Licks and kisses, Tasha.

All this medical stuff is quite draining so I am off now for a bit of a lie down. Speak to you all again soon.

No comments: