Sunday, September 9, 2012

A nice quiet August - thank god!

Just what I needed. August turned out to be a not too social, active, or busy a month so I had plenty of time to recharge my batteries. Mind you, it was really hot with temperatures in the upper 30s a lot of the time so I spent much of the day sleeping under the fan in the lounge of on cold tiles wherever I could find them. My active period of the day usually started around 7pm, much to mum and dad's annoyance, as that was when they were just trying to sit down and watch a bit of telly. I had to keep watch at the wall, bark at anyone who dared to walk past, and do the occasional patrol around the property. It was not until about 10pm when it was getting quite dark that I thought it a good idea to go indoors and settle down!

When Auntie Jo and Uncle Rob left in July I took on the task of keeping Uncle Rob up to date on the progress of a new house build nearby which he had seen the start of. To this end I set up a little web site - www.watchafrenchbuild.blogspot.com for those who are curious - and each evening visit the site, take a few photos, and update the blog with the day's progress. Mind you, after only a week of work they all went off on the typical French 4 week August break so work has only just resumed.

Inspecting the build progress


Auntie Mary and Uncle Tim came over for the weekend, firstly to go to this nice restaurant in Homps, and then to the Montazels fete lunch which is always a good if rather silly afternoon so I hear. All of this is second hand as I did not go to either. Mum finished up in the fountain with all the kids and silly adults and was there for about half an hour! The others stayed dry!

More bread dear?

Uncle Stu being a gentleman

After that everyone just chilled out - some more than others. 

Two old codgers and me


As usual much bottle stuff was consumed.

Checking on consumption rates



A few days later my old mate Boudie came over for a swim and brought his mum and dad along too. That was nice because I had not seen them since the party.

Soggy Boudie
Well, better be off as it is another warm day so I need to go and hold the sofa down for a few hours whilst mum and dad go out to lunch. Speak to you all again soon.




No comments: