Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A tribute to Uncle Clive.

On Tuesday I lost a really great mate - my Uncle Clive. 




Although my mum and dad had known him for 27 years, I had only known him for 3 years, but that is most of my short life! He was a regular visitor to our house here in Montazels and he and I always had loads of fun together. I used to sit up with them when he and dad had their "evening discussions" with some of the bottle stuff, and, in his fitter moments, even joined me on a few of my walks. But it was our special moments together that I will always remember, with me curled up on his lap.




I know my mum and dad are really sad as well, but they too will recall the happy times - his infectious laughter, his irreverent comments on life, and his great kindness.






I do hope that the rest of his lovely family - Auntie Cathy, Grant, and Becky - will still come and visit us, but at the moment I am really sad for them and hope that they can take strength from the fact that he was a super bloke who was loved by everyone, including me.

The Brigdale family and me


Bon voyage, Uncle Clive, to wherever you are headed now. Thanks for being my mate.

No comments: