Monday, August 30, 2010

The social whirl of Garrenaud

Although the summer may just be considering going into retirement, the hectic social whirl that is life in the south of France continues unabated.

This time it was the visiting neigbours, Steve and Debbie Kemp together with my two mates Josh and Sam otherwise known as the Kemplings! They all came round for a swim and, needless to say, some of that bottle stuff.















Now I always have great fun with Josh and Sam even though I do not go in the pool, and this time I made them put on their "frog outfits" so that we could be three frogs together. Get it? Frog dog plus two frogs - gosh why am I so clever?


As if this was not fun enough, then my old mate Paul arrived with his Auntie Liz and Uncle Olaf. Me and Paul - seen here as the "pratt in two hats"- get on like a house on fire and I usually finish up getting far too excited by him playing games with me. I had not met his Aunt and Uncle before but they turned out to be really nice dog people so we all got along fine.





Even more bottle stuff was wheeled out together with what seemed like two tons of crisps and nibbles, all of which vanished in a very short space of time. For once I had nothing to do with this, although I can't say the same for my mates Josh and Sam.

Then, the very next evening, my bestest friends Uncle Stu and Auntie Jo, came round to dinner. I was so over the moon about this that I forgot to take any photos (sorry!) but I thoroughly enjoyed myself and, if truth be known, was a bit naughty in an over exuberant sort of way. Well, you have to let your hair down sometimes.

Finally, as regular readers will be aware, I am rather partial to a bit of a kip, so when the opportunity arose the other day to sneak into one of the bedrooms, I could not resist trying out the bed for size. The good news - it fits!

No comments: