Friday, June 4, 2010

Bottle stuff and consequences

I often mention in my ramblings that the people are off doing that bottle stuff. Now only being a young man (a teenager in people years) I have abstemiously stayed away from the stuff myself, but I felt that, for my readers sake at least, I should really know what I was talking about. So when the opportunity arose the other afternoon, I gritted my teeth, wrapped my tongue around the neck of a bottle of fine rosé, and sampled the contents within.


OK, I admit it - pleasantly surprised was not the reaction I was expecting, but I am slowly beginning to see why these people spend so much time with it. Not that you will find me partaking on a regular basis, unlike some I could mention. No, the occassional sip or slurp will do me just fine.

There is one disadvantage, so I am told, in that it tends to make one feel a bit sleepy after consumption. In light of this, although unaffected immediately, I felt the need to find a suitable place to relax just in case I came over all dozey. Mum and dad's bed seemed like the ideal place!


No comments: