Monday, January 25, 2010

Another new mate

This weekend we went over to Auntie Mary and Uncle Tim's. I thought it was to be just one of the normal social visits but Oh No! - they now have a dog! He is a lovely 4 year old Golden Retriever called Fig (Figaro in full) and he and I are already best mates.


We had a great charge around the local countryside together and I think I got him a bit puffed out as he is not as used to it as me. Mind you, when we first met we did as us dogs do and spent an hour or so "discussing" who was to be top dog. It came out pretty even but being the gentleman he is I think Fig let me think I came out tops. In return I let him raid my dinner bowl that evening so I went a bit short on rations.


We were both quite sad to part having just set up this friendship, but he is coming over to us in a counple of weeks so I can show him around my patch. Will report on our next meeting then.

No comments: