Thursday, February 2, 2012

Love my new winter warmer....NOT!

As some of you may well know, I am not a dog that is too fond of the cold, even preferring to spend my winter evenings snuggled up on the sofa in my duvet. It is probably due to the fact that I have very short fur, and not too much of it. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

However, some things I draw the line at and when a parcel was recently opened and a brand new bright red DOG COAT produced I was ready to pack my bags.




It was carefully explained to me that next week we were going up into the Pyrenees to join my mate Boudie and his mum and dad at a ski resort for a few days and that, as the temperatures were forecast to get as low as minus 11 degrees during our stay, it was thought important that I should have some protection from the elements. I can see the logic in that but something a bit more fashionable and in a more subtle colour might have been more acceptable, and it would have been nice to consult me first.



I mean, how on earth can I be expected to pull in that abomination?

Next week I will give you all a report on my adventures in the mountains and whether or not my new attire impeded my natural charm and elegance with the ladies. In the meantime I need to get out of this thing and have a good rest to get over the shock of it all.


No comments: